We have been running for over 20 years always evolving. Our workshops, run by volunteers, aim to help you fix your bike (rather than fix it for you). We supply tools but you need to bring your own parts.Donations for tools and rent costs are very welcome.
The Hackney Bike Workshop aims to:
- provide bicycle maintenance assistance and training to enable people to learn to fix their own bikes.
- provide tools and volunteer mechanics to facilitate learning.
- encourage people to cycle in Hackney and beyond.
- help build community skills and development.
- Donations on the night towards tools and rent costs always welcome, so we can pay the rent and for tools.
Our sessions are drop-in and we advise that you allow enough time to work on your bike.
You are welcome to contact us in advance with any queries. If you would like to volunteer, visit a Workshop and introduce yourself to the Co-ordinator.